Are you aware that my last post was June 29 and that it is now November 9? Can I ask why you are still reading this? I would have given up on my blog a longggg time ago if I were you...BUT, I'm back! And with new motives:) But more on that later...I have so many things to update y'all on!
Let me just start by saying that I am 26 weeks pregnant, and everything is going great so far! Daniel and I have been very blessed throughout this pregnancy. I know that sounds very cliche, but it is very true. We truly feel blessed to be able to have a child. We just finished our last birthing classes last week, and we (like any other first time parents) are sooooo excited and soooo blind/anxious/apprehensive about what is about to happen to us. We do know that our world is about to be snatched from us, turned upside down and inside out, handed back to us, and possibly with a screaming/colicky baby in the mix. And do you know what? We wouldn't have it any other way.
We have decided on a name: Thomas Lanier Smith. Thomas is after my daddy, Tommy, and Lanier is a family name from Daniel's side(Daniel's Great-Grandfather's name). Here is Thomas at 26 weeks:



These pictures are from an ultrasound we did this weekend where a bunch of family was able to attend. Seriously, a bunch: Mama Joan, Daddy, Mama T, Mr.Joey, Heather, Kelby, Donna, Kate, Granny, Summer, and of course, Daddy Daniel! It was supposed to only be ten minutes, but the first ten minutes Thomas was turned away from the camera and would not cooperate so it took about twenty minutes! Finally, after about ten minutes of the woman rocking my belly back and forth trying to stir him up, he turned over a little and we could see his precious little face! At the end, we could see him opening and closing his left fist, as though he was waving "bye-bye" to us! After that, he put his right arm over his face, and he was done with it. Thomas had had enough!:)
Here is a little peak from the past of Thomas when he was at 18 weeks:
I have been getting bigger by the day since about 20 weeks. Once the growing starts, it doesn't slow down! Example: here is me at 18 weeks, right after we found out it was a boy!
And here is me at 26 weeks (this is one of the few pictures of me that you will be seeing for about the next year due to the fact that being pregnant is not-so-cute on me):
Do you know where that picture came from? Do you remember what happened exactly a year ago yesterday? Yep, our 1st Anniversary!!! Considering all the current events going on (we just moved into our new house a week ago, I'm 6.5 months pregnant, my parents were in town visiting...) we did not do a big anniversary trip or anything. We are hoping that we will do a late anniversary/last-minute-get-away-before-Thomas-comes sometime. However, we did reflect back over the past year together and give each other a wide-eyed look, accompanied by a smile, and laugh when we realized what all the past year has brought us: a wedding day...six months later, two little pink lines on a pregnancy test...seasons of disbelief...many seasons of adjustments...a new house...seasons of bliss...seasons of sickness and seasons of health...seasons of learning new things about each other and learning to love those new things about each other...and most of all, learning to hold hands as we walk through each of these seasons together. Had you told us a year ago on our wedding day that we would be 6.5 months pregnant on our anniversary...we both would have said: Ha! Ha! Not us! The proof is in the picture:) And yes, the cake does taste like the freezer after being in there for a year. 
Earlier I mentioned that I had "new motives"...and the title hints at it a little bit...y'all are about to be impressed with my frequency of blogging. It is something that I originally started as a way to keep record/memories of our life (kind of like a scrapbook) and as a way to share things with my family who live so far away. But, Daniel and I lived so far out in the boonies that we did not have the internet, and therefore, I was very slack about updating it. But now at the new house we have the internet! As I blog, I think of what it will be like for Thomas in twenty years from now to be able to look at this blog. He will be able to see a glimpse of us and our life during a time that he won't be able to recall by memory. I think that is so neat! Unfortuantly for him, I am not creative beyond the keyboard. He probably will never have a scrapbook unless his Grandma Joan makes it for him. He probably will never have a hand-made quilt unless Mama T makes it for him. But hey, what are Grandma's for!!! Both of his Grandmother's are SO MUCH MORE creative than I will ever be. Seriously. But, what I can do for him is blog. And post picutres on here. And one day, maybe Thomas (and maybe even his wife) will look back at these posts and appreciate the memories. Would you not love to have known the thoughts and seen pictures of your parents at 24 years old?!? If you are reading this one day Thomas, please know that we ABSOLUTELY can not wait to hold you in our arms. We love you and am so proud of you already.
Another update: Katie is almost due (like in less than a month) and SUMMER IS EXPECTING TOO!!!! Can you believe it? THREEEEEEE BABIES!!!! She is due May 17, 2010! We don't know what she's having yet, but you better believe that you can hear it here first once we do know the gender:)
Katie:33 Weeks Me:23 Weeks Summer:10 Weeks
Here at Katie after one of her baby showers with a car loaded down with gifts:
I mentioned earlier that we moved to a new house this weekend, but I think that this post is long enough! I will save it for another day. Maybe tomorrow?! I hear it's supposed to be rainy from Hurricane Ida. Maybe I'll let y'all see what has CONSUMED our life for the past month over a big bowl of cheerios and a cup of coffee (decaf, of course!). Like the title says, "no more false promises...for real"...I promise I will be back, maybe not first thing in the morning, but I will be back soon.
Monday, November 9, 2009
No More False Promises....For Real....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment