Thomas had a very uneventful 1st Halloween. We are not big halloween people. Personally, I think it’s kind of creepy. Ghosts, spiders, witches, freaky jack-o-lanterns….it’s just not easy for me to get into all of that. However, I am all about babies in costumes, fall festivals, candy, apple cider, hay rides, games, fires, and fellowship with friends during this time of year! That is much more the route and approach we plan on taking with “Halloween.” Call it what you want.
I used Halloween as a great excuse to waste $20 on a costume (I can’t believe I spent that much on a costume now that I type it out….grrr…) and get an adorable photo shoot with Thomas, at his expense:) It was hot that day. He was nakie underneath his costume. And usually, my photo shoots bore him. He’d rather be crawling around in the leaves and eating his pumpkin than sitting still and grinning at my lens. I had my favorite assistant that day helping me. Maybe you can recognize him from his carhartts with a hole in them and gray t-shirt. After all, navy and gray are the only colored shirts he likes to wear. And sometimes, when we are living dangerously, he comes out in a hunter green t-shirt. We clearly live on the edge in the Smith household.
The whole, “Hey Babe (Yes, I call my assistant “Babe”…we’re just wild like that) pick some leaves up and throw them in the air around Thomas please,” idea totally backfired on me. For starters, the pile he decided to pick up just happen to be right behind my little giraffe and consequently, he was in the background of my photos…again! Secondly, his leave-collecting-project left our little man unattended as I behind the lens. This is about the time that the stem on the pumpkin started to look tasty….
And then, as quickly as it began, it was over. Thomas decided he was tired of sitting still once we took the pumpkin out of his mouth, and he was on the go!
So, we decided to do a change of location. We moved into Lady’s Territory, aka-our back yard, and brought along with us the wheel barrow my brother-in-law, Scott, made for me as a wedding present! It was a wonderful way to contain our mobile little man!
We parked it in front of our chicken-less chicken pen. We would love to have our own chickens in there, but we’re not going to buy chickens only for Lady to kill and play with them for her personal entertainment. As I type this, there is a dead little red bird laying in my back yard that she has been dragging around for several days. So, as long as Lady is my protector of the back yard, no chickens can had. We’ll just have to keep stealing some eggs from Papa Joe’s chickens across the road:)
Starting to get hot and grumpy…..
Luckily, at that same time, Papa Joe, Mama T, Great Aunt Cindy, and Uncle Greg pulled up in the driveway to see their little giraffe.
Thomas greeted them at the fence and thanked Papa Joe for rescuing him from his over-the-top obsessive Mother. I love those three generations of Smith men.

0 comments:
Post a Comment